Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Book with No Name [Novel Review]

Hey yo, what’s up? :D
So, my cousin lends me a novel with title The Book With No Name by Anonymous. *I know the title n the author sounds so weird, but that’s truly the name. Don’t know how much a book with title like this exists in this world. LOL~*
This book is 70% mystery, 20% detective 10% unnecessary cruelty. :P
Before lend me this novel, my cousin told me that the plot is quite hard to understand because the author changed the setting in every chapter. But after I read it myself I don’t think that it’s hard to adapt with the story, especially for everyone who loves to read novels. The story is quite interesting and the ending is so unpredictable!! I’ve read some detective novels n comics so far *FYI, I love detective thingy so much!!* but this one is just different. Usually I can guess who is the murder or something like that, but this novel is totally deceived me. *Maybe I just to shallow? LOL~*

I think I’ll spread a lot of spoilers here, so if you don’t want to hear any spoiler n want to read the novel first, I suggest you not to read my post. Haha.

But although this novel could make me speechless in a short time, of course there’s some lacks too. truthfully I kinda forget about few points now *I guess it’s quite important points, my bad* because I was not write this post when my mind full of thought about this novel. I finished this novel within 2 days, not full day of course. *I need to do my other job too. Hehe* the reason why I didn’t write this post immediately is I finished this novel at 3.00AM n I don’t think that I could write because I need to sleep too.

In this novel you can’t ignore every single detail, not even the small one. Or just like me, I just realized that I ignored some few details after finished reading. LOL~ So this novel tell us about some people who try to find a stone *not just an ordinary stone of course* the stone called “The Eye of The Moon”. Everyone believes this stone has a supernatural power. Someone had stolen this stone from the abbey. Centered in Saint Mondega, this place is the worse place ever because all you can find in this place are all bandits, crimes n bars, half of the setting in this novel is in bar. *in my imagination this place is like cowboy area on medieval time, of course it’s not that old since they already used a car n not a horse. LOL~* at the beginning I bet you can’t find anything that related to the ending, it’s just like serial killers n it was not surprising since you can find ruthless bandits everywhere in this town. But guess what, it’s not true!! This story is not about bandits but about VAMPIRE!! One thing related to the other thing n so on. 
Although in the middle part of this novel I got bored a little. I think some chapters in the middle are not that important. Uhm, like what I said, the author changed the setting in every chapter, n when you finish one chapter you feel curious what will happen with that person in the chapter that you read, but what you get is some chapters that had nothing to do with the chapter you’ve read before. Yep, kinda annoying. But I love the ending so much. The author totally deceived me, directed me to wrong way from the beginning. I was think the wicked one is really the wicked one, but yeah I was wrong. A person who you suspect is not the wicked, n the one who you don’t suspect is. Quite confusing, right? Although the author vaguely tucks some little facts in the story, I think you will not get it before you finish it.
But there are some things that I don’t understand, why they need to kill so many people? Even the innocents n the one who helped? But I think it’s because the author want to deceive us. But still I don’t get it, why need to kill a lot of people there. Also a person who you think as the main character is not the main character at all. A person who is not very prominent is the true main character here. Seems complicated? But it’s not that complicated when you read the novel. Too much deceived thingy in this novel. The one whom I think the main character is none than bait n the ending has no related with him. Whatta!! Disgusting

I always believe there’s a lesson in every book. N this novel taught me so many lessons. 1st is u can’t 100% trust anyone in this world, even the one who you trust can stab you from your behind. 2nd u can’t judge the book by its cover. 3rd money always has a big part in life, without money you are nothing in this harsh world, n so on…
Yeah, I think that’s all. When the first time I finished read the novel, I had bunch of things that I want to write n tell you here. But now I forgot it all. Sorry. T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment